Simple | Fun | Memorable
Getting married doesn't have to be complicated, yes there are a few things you need to organise and some boxes to tick but never fear when it comes to your ceremony i've got you covered!
Here is the perfect recipe for a successful and legal ceremony.
1 x Couple
1 x Wedding Celebrant
1 x Notice of Intended Marriage form
Bride & Groom's Original Birth Certificate or Passport
Bride & Groom's Drivers Licence
2 x Witnesses over 18 years of age
Anything you want included in your ceremony
3 x Wedding Certificates
1 x Declaration
Legal Wording that must be included
Monitum as per the Marriage Act 1961.
Signing of the Marriage Certificates
Introduction of Celebrant
Introduction of Bride and Groom using full names
1. Check i'm available for the date of your marriage
2. Book me by paying the deposit
3. Fill out the NOIM
4. Give me some information about you both and what you do/don't want included in your ceremony
5. I then mix it all togeher and write you a ceremony
6. Together we tweak and change whats needed to get your ceremony just right
7. Have a run through the day prior and ensure the final amount of the fee is paid
8. Lets do it! THE WEDDING DAY have some fun relax it will all fall into place
10. Sign the Certificates
11. I send all the legal documents off within 72 hours to the correct governing body
9. You did it! Congratulations you are now officially married!
Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM)
Must be filled out at least 1 month prior to your wedding day
**You will need your birth certificate/passport & drivers licence to fill this
Declaration of no impediment to marriage
This legally declares you can marry according to Australian law (eg if you have previously been married you will need evidence of the marriage ending)
3 copies - one for you, one for me and one for the state government body (eg Victoria is Birth, Deaths and Marriage)
**Where you get married will determine which governing body I submit your paperwork to.
**Your certificate I give you on the day is not a legal certificate you will need to apply to the governing body for a certified one for things such as changing your name (I will provide you with this information)